Import SSID password in a .JSON file
If you do not want to include your network's password in the configuration file, you can fill it in the secrets.json template and upload it directly to your Gateway by following these steps:
Download the .JSON file template
- Open this link in another tab.
The secrets.json file opens in your browser.
- At the top of the page, click Save and select the target location on your desktop.
- Open secrets.json in your desired text editor (E.g. Notepad.)
- Under Reference, type in the SSID (Network) you entered in the configuration file.
- Under Password, type in your password for the entered SSID (Network).
- Save the changes.
Apply the file
- Connect the Gateway's USB cable to your desktop.
The Gateway boots up in about 1 minute. The USB LED glows green constantly.
- Scan the QR code on the Gateway with your scanner.
The scanner connects to the Gateway and the Scanner LED glows green.
- Scan the QR code below to enable the Gateway as a Mass Storage Device.
The Gateway displays as a Mass Storage Device on your desktop.
- Upload the secrets.json file to the Gateway Mass Storage Device (together with the provisioning file.)
- Eject the Gateway Mass Storage Device.
The upload takes a few seconds. All three LEDs flash green when done.
The Gateway automatically connects to Wi-Fi and Insight Webportal. The Cloud LED glows green.